Thursday 26 March 2009

Timberlake NOT Working On New Album

Though reports that Justin Timberlake has been hard at work on his third studio album, the follow-up to 2006's FutureSexLoveSounds, the singer has gone on record recently to confirm that he is in fact has no concrete plans for a new album anytime soon:

Justin Timberlake fans, don't hold your breath waiting for a new album. Timberlake, whose last disc, FutureSex/ LoveSounds, came out in 2006, tells EW that he's "not working" on new music right now. The singer -- who's executive producing a new MTV reality competition series called The Phone (premiering April 21) -- has been hitting the studio lately, but only to produce tracks for other artists, like T.I. ("Dead and Gone") and Ciara ("Love Sex Magic").

"Right now, I like the idea that things can just kind of pop up and if they feel right I can do them," says Timberlake. "Committing to my own sort of project, that’s like, 'Okay, let me block out two years of my life and do it.' I was heavily fulfilled with the last one and I always have this thing with myself that if I can’t sleep because I need to do it, then I’m gonna do it. But if I’m not losing sleep over it then…"
{Source}

While I'm sure Justin's fans won't be too pleased, I can't say I'm particularly fussed. It's hard to deny his 'hit-making' ability on the collabo front...just ask Madonna, T.I and Ciara. However, I think he will come running back to music as soon as he starts to lose the limelight and the work dries up.

No comments: