Tuesday 24 February 2009

Kelly Clarkson #1 On UK Midweeks

My Life Would Suck Without You is already #1 on the UK Midweek chart ahead of Taylor Swift's Love Story which is #2, if this stays the same way until Sunday which is very likely then Kelly will get her first #1 hit there. Lily has fallen to #6 on iTunes meaning she could struggle to stay in the top five by Sunday.

Can't believe how different this era is to when she released My December. Just goes to show that artistic license doesn't necessarily mean you will do well on the carts. Incidently, I read recently that Kelly was offered $10,000,000 to swap up five tracks from My December for more radio friendly ones, and turned it down! No one's Can't deny that she believed in the project, but I much prefer the material from All I Ever Wanted. So do the fans it seems!

No comments: